Friday, May 22, 2015

A Borrowed Massage Chair

I spent most of my morning getting to know a borrowed massage chair.  Said chair is approximately ten years old.  Understandably it has a few quirks.


I'm not sure what dark corner the chair was stashed away in, but from the layer of dust I could tell it hasn't seen much recent use.  I pulled off the pads that were removable and used a warm soapy dish cloth to wipe everything down.

I had been warned that the armrest didn't lock in place and was tied up with a strap.  I untied the knot in the strap & loosened the buckle.  I checked the pivot points and locking mechanisms.  It appears that the strap is meant to hold the armrest up & the locking mechanism keeps it at the proper angle.  I retrieved an allen wrench and screwdriver from the garage and proceeded to tighten all of the fasteners.  I then rewove the strap through the buckle in a manner that would not require the knot to hold it in place.  I am hoping that little or no adjustment will be needed for the armrest when changing clients.





I then checked the height adjustments on the seat and the chair itself.  With a cable and locking pin the chair height can be adjusted, however; when in a higher position the chair seems unstable.  I like having a wider base and don't mind lowering my body to work.  The seat has a spring loaded locking pin adjustment and when put through the paces seemed to work well.  I did notice however that depending on where the chair height pin was placed limited how far the seat could be adjusted.



Considering the age of the chair it is in very good condition and should serve me well for the few hours required.  I am not a huge fan of chair massage and do not wish to purchase my own chair.  Next time someone asks me to do chair massage at their event I will talk them into Reflexology instead.

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. This borrowed massage chair worked out great! I even enjoyed the few hours of doing chair massage today. Maybe I will rethink purchasing my own, but for now I am very grateful for the use of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    massage chairs consumer reports

    ReplyDelete