Friday, January 30, 2015

5 Ways I Use Thieves Oil

Thieves Oil Blending

I use thieves oil often; and by often I mean that I may use it several times a week or several times a day.  I have a bottle on my night stand, in my medicine cabinet, on my desk, in my bag (purse), and in my massage room.  I use it on myself, my husband, and my massage clients.  I have even used it on the dog a few times.

I find that it is considerably more rewarding for me to blend my own thieves oil. A good friend and colleague, Rebecca Lee conspires with me to do the blending. You can find her at Spiritworks Therapeutic Massage or the illustrated crone. We use Jojoba as a carrier for the essential oils.  Our not so secret recipe includes clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, & rosemary essential oils.  We make a new batch each fall for the cold & flu season.

Getting the last drop of the Clove Essential Oil while measuring the Lemon Essential Oil.

Adding the Cinnamon Essential Oil.

A funnel & steady hands needed for filling the 1 fl. oz. bottles.

Now for the ways I use thieves oil:
  1. In place of commercial hand sanitizer.  I volunteer two nights a week at our VFW Bingo hall.  On average there are 200 people in the hall each night. Handling money can be a dirty job.
  2. As an immune booster.  I rub some on the bottom of my client's feet.  The feet have the most concentration of pores anywhere on the body.  This helps to absorb the essential oils.
  3. Deodorant.  The essential oils kill off odor causing bacteria and thieves oil smells great.
  4. To calm Rosacea.  The cause of Rosacea is not known, but for me thieves oil calms my Rosacea symptoms.
  5. To prevent infection. Those few times that I used thieves oil on the dog was after a tick bite.  
I'm sure that there are many more uses for thieves oil.  Tell me how you use it by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment