Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Survived Another Day

Saturday, Day 5

I am too hard headed to give in after suffering for two days.  I did not drink a soda even though I really wanted one.  I am feeling better on day five of this adventure.

I tried to get up at 9 am today when my husband woke me to see if I wanted to go out for breakfast. I suggested he go without me as I desperately needed a shower and wasn't ready for the temptation of maple syrup. I planned to get a shower while he was gone. Instead I slept until noon when he got back home. I then took a long, hot shower.  I have found that while detoxing the body gives up a lot of foul smells.  No matter how exhausted and miserable I feel, showering is essential.

I am finding that I am also more sensitive to smells, loud sounds, and bright lights. This could be a result of the decrease in medication. If that is the case, coming off the Cymbalta is not going to work out for me. I will continue on with the dose of 30 mg Cymbalta daily for another week as planned.

The cold weather that has moved in does not seem to be affecting me very much. I am keeping a throw blanket over my legs while sitting still.  I went out with my husband this afternoon. The temperature was in the low 50's. I had no resulting aches or pains.

If there is nothing major to report tomorrow, I will take Sunday off from writing and report back on Monday.  Please remember to feel free to comment below with any questions or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment