Thursday, December 11, 2014

One Month Weaning Off Cymbalta Down: One Week To Go


I considered doing a video blog today, but then I saw myself on camera. That will have to wait until I have improved my speaking skills. Here is a picture from the testing instead.



I am down to taking 20 mg of Cymbalta every other day. Yesterday was the first day that I 'skipped'. I was tired most of the day, but then couldn't sleep last night. As I write this I have been awake for more than 24 hours. I am hoping that once the medicine is completely out of my system my circadian rhythm will balance out.  (My loving husband would like it to be sooner.)

I received a massage this week from a therapist whom I have not seen in over a year. It was nice to chat while he worked out the kinks for me.  I think that I should have been paying closer attention to my body though. The next day I was extremely sore, but the tension and knots were gone. The soreness faded throughout the evening and was gone by morning. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression; I get a massage at least once a month, usually twice a month, more if I can trade with several therapists. How often do you get a massage? Do you prefer to stay with the same therapist? Or do you like to change it up?

I have lost a few pounds over the last couple of weeks.  I do not know if it is from the general sugar detox or from mostly giving up my sodas. I still have a Mountain Dew every few days with a meal. I am just not ready to let go completely. It is a comfort that I have relied on for more than 30 years. If anyone has faced this and could give me some guidance, I would really appreciate your comments.

This week I have also started using a Fit Bit Flex. The app has a food log along with the activity and sleep trackers. I like that I can monitor it from my computer, tablet, and smart phone. It is helping to keep me motivated. If you are interested, there are plenty of evaluations on You Tube. I recommend doing some research as there are many devices out now with these capabilities. That is how I decided which one was right for me.

I am finally starting to drain down. I'll be taking a nap today. When was the last time you had a nap? Did it change how you slept that night?

No comments:

Post a Comment